We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Our community has been through a lot over the last year, and many of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. Dental Express is happy to share that we are available for you to resume your preventive and routine dental care needs. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and overall health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed specifically with you in mind. We want the care you receive to be both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these agencies closely to stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance they may issue.
Due to the circumstances, you may see some changes when you come in for your next appointment. So you know what to expect, we’d like to share with you the infection control procedures we’ve implemented to protect you, your family, and our staff.
- When you call to make your appointment, our office will ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked these same questions again when you come into the office.
- We will request that all persons wear a face covering while in our office when not directly receiving dental treatment.
- When you come inside, the first thing we will do is check your temperature and ask you to clean your hands with hand sanitizer. If your temperature looks good, we’ll check you in and call you back when we are ready. You will also find some hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places around the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- To adapt to the new environment, we’ve lengthened appointment time slots to allow us to clean equipment and seating areas, and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. That might mean you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We sterilize our tools with industry-grade antiseptic (regardless of the current circumstances).
- We also sanitize all places of contact regularly throughout the day such as countertops, door handles, chairs, armrests, etc.
- All our doctors and staff have already been or are currently getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
After being unable to serve our community for so long, we’re excited to open our doors to you again. The circumstances may be different, but our dedication to you and your dental health is the same. We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being a part of the Dental Express family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.